September Meeting Summary
Long-time NWREIA member and former Vice President Dave Metsker presented on the probate process and how to engage with families who are needing to sell homes for their deceased loved ones. He offered a lot of helpful tips to help investors navigate finding homes that might be in the probate process and contacting families. Find Dave at the next Portland Roundtable Satellite Meeting on Thursday, October 21 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Round Table Pizza on SW Barbur Blvd in Portland.
Our upcoming meeting with Toija knows what most concerns investors who might be considering a 1031 exchange. Among those “hot button” issues… What “like kind” means, The 45-day deadline, What it means to “identify,” target value of the replacement property, and reverse and improvement exchanges. October 7, 2021 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. DoubleTree by Hilton Lloyd Center – 1000 NE Multnomah St, Portland (and by Zoom)
Don’t miss the upcoming Financial Freedom for Women Satellite Meeting from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, October 13th. Meeting Hosts and NWREIA Board Members Jenny Dong and Limei Yang will be taking members on a tour of a rehab home. Please stay tuned for the location.
The Salem Round Table, led by Janel Page and Tom Stutzman, will continue case discussions and market updates at its usual 2nd Thursday time. The Salem Round Table meeting is returning to an IN-PERSON meeting, at the Scottish Rite Center in Salem (4090 Commercial St SE, Salem). Heading south, the Center is just past McDonald’s on the left side of the road. The meeting will start at 6:30 and last till 9 pm. Food is not available at this location. But folks are welcomed to bring drinks & snacks. Folks are welcome to share contact info, ask for referrals, talk about deals they’re looking for or have, or bring a problem to the group and ask for feedback. We have a lot of great interaction at these meetings! It’s real people talking about real deals.
The Portland Round Table Satellite Meeting will meet in person at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, September 16th at Round Table Pizza on SW Barbur Blvd in Portland. Dave Metsker will lead the discussion. Last month, members discussed helping two members figure out how to buy the family home that they inherited. The challenge that is being addressed is the house having a reverse mortgage with a balance that exceeds the financial qualifications of the member’s debt to income ratio, in order to pay off the loan, and be able to live in the house they grew up in. The round table also discussed upcoming tax deed foreclosure deadlines and how it is an opportunity for even new members to make a quick assignment fee, with no advertising cost, and no money out of pocket, except for a little fuel.
Thank you to our Vendor Members:
- Donni Phommany/Cardinal Financial – http://www.themortgagezen.com/
- RPM Education – https://www.rpmapplication.org/
- ShowMeTheRental – https://showmetherental.com/user/main?p=nwreia&w=smtrpmform
- 11 Capital Finance – https://www.11caplending.com/iap/patrick-sieng
- Civic Financial Services – https://www.civicfs.com/lp/?title=%5Bt2%5D&message=%5Bm2%5D&vel=73
- IRC Enterprises – https://www.ircenterprises.com/
- Fynanc – http://fynanc.com/
- The Heat Pump Store – https://www.theheatpumpstore.com/
- Networth Realty – https://networthrealtyusa.com/
- NW Private Lending – https://nwprivatelending.com/
- Rain City Capital – https://www.raincitycapital.com/
- Veristone Mortgage – https://www.veristonemortgage.com/
- Cetan Funds – https://www.cetanfunds.com/
- Merchants Mortgage & Trust Corporation – https://merchantsmtg.com/
- Home Depot Pro Xtra – https://homedepot.nationalreia.org/
Become a Vendor Member and get regular exposure with our 400+ investor members! Contact executive director Patrick Sieng for additional details – [email protected]